Empower Children for Success is a nonprofit organization created to promote the overall healthy development of children within the North Central Massachusetts region by working in collaboration with school systems, childcare providers, government agencies, and other organizations.
- To create training opportunities for childcare providers and parents based on their needs.
- To empower parents to learn about their rights and responsibilities.
- To make parents aware of the existing gaps in enrollment and school readiness, and of the gaps in the childcare and public school system, which are there due to income level, race/ethnicity, language barriers and lack of cultural awareness.
- 4. Promote the idea of a caring community – a community that supports the families of those who need childcare and those that provide it.
Did you know…
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults are diagnosed with mental illness each year for lack of self-care and support.
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year which impacts their education, socialization, productivity and effectiveness in society.
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24